Indian Head Massage
This is a soothing, yet revitalising treatment which is carried out with
the client seated, allowing access to the back, neck, shoulders, face
and head. It is a very flexible therapy, as the techniques can be carried
out through clothing, or directly on the skin using essential oils, whichever
you prefer. The scalp is also massaged and the hair itself is gently worked,
but does not become saturated in oils.
The benefits of this treatment
- Increased oxygen supply to the brain relieving mental fatigue, thereby
promoting clearer thinking and increased productivity.
- Facilitates the release of endorphins from the brain, helping to relieve
pain and feelings of depression.
- Promotes relaxation and so melts away anxiety, improving concentration
- Encourages elimination of toxins through lymphatic drainage, thereby
aiding the immune system.
- Stimulates circulation which nourishes the scalp, and so encourages
- Soothes muscle and nerve fibres, relieving fatigue and tension, thereby
increasing flexibility and encouraging better posture.